Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Windows 8 and AMD FX
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:33 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/win ... 289-7.html

Link is to the last page since it's comprehensive of the results. In short: it Windows 8 didn't do jack squat to help AMD FX. To which the reviewer said "AMD, go fix your hardware now"

Post subject: Re: Windows 8 and AMD FX
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:57 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

I'm just wondering where the original question of "Windows 7 ME will help AMD" actually stems from. I don't put much faith in Tom's at all, but even less those holding on to strings of faith from more than 5 years ago that AMD will rise up like a phoenix and still try to logically debate each turning failure in their continued purchase of this equipment. This article should really spark interest from geeks all around and yet it sits as an aged "I told ya so"...for a day or two.

I can't even comment on this article (and thank you for the link LatiosXT) until we actually meet the person still buying this stuff and thinking it's a good way to spend money. Heck, I'm a Chevy guy but this is the Ev1 of the processor world...it just doesn't deliver and ends up crushed. Like the Volt, I don't think it's the hardware that needs fixed but the folks wanting this as a fashion statement more than practical use and money spent. It's no fucking Tesla (avoiding the "free electricity at the wall" debate). AMD ain't going to fix anything, they've had their chances time and again. But people still buy status symbols. Prius...you're just not saving nor gaining a damned thing by picking a side here. If you want to nail the throttle and feel alive, it's not in this Processor format.

They're just half-assing it and just drifting off hoping someone buys them. Qualcomm doesn't even care.