Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Mad Catz Announces $299.99 S.T.R.I.K.E. 7 PC Keyboard
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:11 pm 

We have seen a lot of PC keyboards, but it's safe to say that none of them look quite like what Mad Catz announced this week. The company, which previously released the acclaimed R.A.T. series of PC gaming mice, has just announced a companion keyboard, the S.T.R.I.K.E. 7.

The Mad Catz website has more information on the S.T.R.I.K.E. 7, which has a number of separate hardware modules that can detach and be reconfigured in a number of different ways. The keyboard also has 24 programmable buttons, which can be configured in three different modes. You can even switch out the keyboard's arrow and WASD keys.

Perhaps the most striking thing (pun intended) about the S.T.R.I.K.E. 7 is the V.E.N.O.M. LED touchscreen. The screen will allow users to perform a number of different tasks, based on the apps available. Users can put in media controls, take notes in a journal while playing, use it for Teamspeak-based gaming chat and lots more.

As you might expect, the S.T.R.I.K.E. 7 will cost just a bit more than the normal PC keyboard. Mad Catz is selling it for a whopping $299.99, which would purchase a decent video card or a few PC gaming mice. Mad Catz is currently shipping the S.T.R.I.K.E. 7 in limited quantities.

http://www.madcatz.com/strike7-destroy/

Post subject: Re: Mad Catz Announces $299.99 S.T.R.I.K.E. 7 PC Keyboard
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:40 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

If it doesn't use mechanical switches, it's not worth it. A certain message board claimed they used rubber domes.

And it's not really a feedback issue. It's a reliability issue (mechanical switches are an order of magnitude or two better in longevity than rubber domes). Or so I'm told.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:35 pm 

I wouldn't get this anyway, but I've recently found out about a company called Azio, and they've got a keyboard that is mechanical and with a removable numpad.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:47 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Madcatz also announces that they smoke a whole lot of crack. Not the good shit, but the really cheap shit and are tripping balls. Logitech can't get away with $200 boards cleanly, but they'll just run into this and own it!? They haven't figured out drivers, ever, and charge on into the ether. Good luck Madcatz.

Hey Madcatz, got a driver for my RAT9 yet? No? Yeah...make a $300 keyboard.

FUCK MADCATZ. Just my mild opinion. The $60 market covers most of us just fine. Cherry? No...those can be found on eBay for $10 and wreck havok on a marriage. IBM means "I've Been Married" in my book. Want a cherry keyboard? I have stacks to give away. They're not that awesome folks. They're a legacy. Try one, you'll love it as a typer, but not as a gamer. Geeks love Cherry keys because we type a shitload more than others. Gamers should NEVER love Cherry keys other than saying us elders loved them and you must use them too.

Just get a $60 Logitech with some G-keys and call it a day. I know we won a few gaming championships with them, and also wrote a couple posts with them as well. A post or two, that's all. (kids, don't be oversold...it's an up-sell scam. This thing is a piece of shit. I'm getting one to prove it)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:38 am 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

Ahem..screw them.$300 for a keyboard that isn't even a mechanical keyboard? WTF is going on here.

(Note:this post happily typed on a 1991 IBM Model M.Clicky keyboards forever...)