Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: gtx 460 se sli vs new 660ti or others
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:32 am 

I've had two gtx 460 SE cards in SLI mode for a little more than a year. Starting to look into what would be an upgrade over my existing setup and been wondering if the new 660 ti would be an upgrade over what i've got. Or if I'd need to go up to a 670 or higher for an upgrade. Or something from Radeon if need be. I haven't messed with OC'ing previous cards and I guess I'm indiferrent to doing in down the line. I'm just talking in general for pc gaming. I play a little of everything. Thank you.

Random thought, but is there a site where you can just select your gpu setup and compare it to see how something else stacks up?

Post subject: Re: gtx 460 se sli vs new 660ti or others
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:53 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

There's several, notably Tom's Hardware (although I don't know if they've updated recently) and AnandTech. They may not have SLI, but NVIDIA's been more or less good about scaling SLI, so if they don't have that setup, take what you have and add on 75% give or take.

Post subject: Re: gtx 460 se sli vs new 660ti or others
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:23 pm 
Klamath
Klamath

Here is one reference you may use to help you:

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/542?vs=647

From my knowledge though, there is no definitive, all-inclusive, simple solution to your question. And when you get into SLI, most reviews don't cover that much. Forums are better, but involve a lot of searching and arguing and fanboys. I believe one effective way to go is to really figure out what you want to do (what games at what resolution and settings). That will allow you to know what GPU you desire. From there, your budget will dictate whether you can get there or not :mrgreen: