Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: ?cheap? mp3 player for car
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:12 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

Hi all,
What's a cheap mp3 player to hook up to the AUX port on my car?

The only concern is keeping it charged. I would really like it if all I had to do was keep it plugged into the car and not worry about the battery. I am not sure if there are mp3 players like that or maybe I have to buy a special charging cord?

Give me some idea of what's out there. Keep it under $50 and I don't need large capacity (happy with 4gb or less). I see the Sansa is popular and some Coby players but not sure how they will perform.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: ?cheap? mp3 player for car
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:07 pm 
Smithfield
Smithfield

I hear Sansa a lot too for recommendations. And they take Micro-SD cards for expansion. Also, since they're standard USB, you can get a USB plug for your car and leave the MP3 player in there.

Post subject: Re: ?cheap? mp3 player for car
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:02 am 

I no longer use a dedicated mp3 player in the car. I use my phone (Droid Razr which has a 32G microSD card) with a windshield mount that has a charger that plugs into 12V accessory jack. Not only can I listen to mp3s stored on the card but I can also stream music from sites like Pandora. The phone also provides GPS and even makes/receives phone calls!

As far as a dedicated mp3 player, generally speaking, the lower the cost, the less on-board storage it has. As already mentioned, Sansa has some inexpensive models starting around $40 for a model called the Clip Zip. At that price point you get 4G of on-board storage and a microSD card slot for expansion