It is currently Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

What do you use for gaming?
Razer 19%  19%  [ 15 ]
Logitech 52%  52%  [ 42 ]
Steelseries 6%  6%  [ 5 ]
Other 23%  23%  [ 19 ]
Total votes : 81
 Post subject: Re: What do you game with?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:33 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

I use a Razer Naga (Molten edition) and a Logitech G110 keyboard. I have a Mad Cat Cyborg 7 mouse, but dumped it for the Razer Naga and never looked back. The 12 buttons on the side of the Naga mouse make me uber leet in either WoW or Rift, take your pick!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:02 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

Logitech M705 wireless w/ a red mouse pad circa 1997

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:26 am 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

Keyboard and mouse combo for me:
1991 IBM Model M with a Gigabyte GM-M8000 laser mouse.

I've got a OCZ Behemoth mousepad.(the pad came free with a set of OCZ DDR2 sticks I bought.)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:01 pm 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

Logitech. MX1000 mouse that was a Christmas present from my high school days, and an MX3000 wireless keyboard. Said keyboard also has a mouse (MX600 laser) but I don't use it most of the time. I have a cheap-as-dirt mousepad from IKEA. Is all this hurting my FPS kill ratios? Probably. Do I care? No.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 5:49 pm 
Maximum PC Editor
Maximum PC Editor

I use a SteelSeries 7G wired mechanical keyboard. Mouse is a SteelSeries Ikari and headset is a SteelSeries 5hv2. At work I use the same keyboard and a SteelSeries Xai mouse.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 6:39 pm 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

Location: back on the right side of the middle of the left side YES i'm folding
G11 and a G15 for backup, a variety of wired and wireless logitech mice as whim strikes. i also like the old IBM mechanical keyboards.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:42 pm 

I currently use a Logitech MX518, with a Logitech M100 in case this one brakes or one of my brothers is stupid enough to steal it...

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 5:22 pm 
Million Club - 5 Plus
Million Club - 5 Plus

cyborg rat 5 for me, razor death adder 3.5g (think thats the model, at least thats what it says on the bottom) for the wife.

we both use the same staples special logitech K120 keyboard.

use a ms xbox 360 controller for racing games atm, logitech ff stick (the original one, friggin huge) for games that need that. also have an original logitech ff wheel (original model) but it doesnt mount too well on the current gaming rig setup.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 2:20 pm 

Logitech G5 on my old computer, G500 on my new one.

Standard Dell keyboard that comes with pre-builts for my old computer, a Saitek Cyborg Keyboard for my new one.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:38 pm 

I'm currently using a Tt eSports Challenger keyboard, which I might upgrade in the future. As for my mouse, I'm using the Logitech G9x and love it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:28 pm 

I've been rocking the Logitech G11 for over 2 years, and I've got the R.A.T. 5 since a couple months back. I can't see myself replacing either for a good long while, hopefully.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:09 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

I am currently using a logitech g19 and a razer lachesis 5600. i have used many combos in the past and like how the colors change. Had a g500 prior, g5, g15, razer lycosa, microsoft natural and trackman.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:23 pm 
Million Club
Million Club

nedwards wrote:
I use a SteelSeries 7G wired mechanical keyboard. Mouse is a SteelSeries Ikari and headset is a SteelSeries 5hv2. At work I use the same keyboard and a SteelSeries Xai mouse.

Utilitarian and beautiful. :D
Mine is a Logitech G15, with a generic Dell USB KB as backup/typing that's not so bad:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:02 am 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

tugboat_2 wrote:
Chumly, how do you like that X65F controller.
Dated reply for sure, but is due a reply: I hardly used it and basically sets on a shelf. So for me it was a waste, but broke it back out of a newer A-10 game...and went right back on the shelf (the sim was tough and took too much free time...more than minecraft, so that's bad). I'd say it's still a good stick today if you're into fighter sims. However, are there newer fighter sims out there worth a damn? I haven't seen 'em at least. The A-10 was analog, so I like analog sticks. If actual F/A-18 sims come out, I'll blow the dust off it again. Until then, An old Saitek does fine for realistic feel.
thejake490 wrote:
Mine is a Logitech G15, with a generic Dell USB KB as backup/typing that's not so bad
Those Dell keyboards are great backups IMO. I'll keep one around at all times as they just work. I've made a switch on the keyboard to the more simple G110 w/ Logitech's replacement program and I don't miss the display at all.

This is worth bringing up too! Logitech gave me 50% off anything online for a replacement (vise RMA) and I sent nothing back in return...you keep the "broken" part and pay very little for a "new" part with a given code in the support program. The way I'm reading, the upgrade program asks for no return as well and can get us 25% off parts we no longer want or use. An old RE-20 from years ago netted me 25% off just to stay with them. THIS, I like. The old G7 which I'm sick of and can't find a home for, just got me a G700 for $40.
-----------------------------------------------
So, to stay on point: I now use a G700 mouse and G110 keyboard.

The G15 (orange) became defective when the "P" key didn't stay in it's place and you can't just buy a "P" key. There's one more row of macro (G-keys), LED's are adjustable in color (not just orange), has audio jacks right there on the keyboard so you don't have to do some reach around cable swap on a sound card, and is just lacking a very meaningless display. If I didn't make my own displays, the default one's or those available for insertion are worthless to me. You can make a guitar tuner app for the G15, but most out there are very simple crap you can get from a game's GUI. Display, not needed.

G700 was a huge upgrade. Again, I used the G7 for a long time now. The Saitek was just too buggy, took a while to adjust and get use to, battery life still stank, battery changes took baby fingers, and the software was clunky...and needed. The G700 has more options on the fly, more buttons, works with something other than the aged setpoint 4.80 (2009), is more accurate, can free wheel or detent with a push of a button (Beastie boys! oh, sorry...dating myself), and is just perfect for both hump and claw users. No bells, no whistles...just a good gaming mouse I'd highly recommend.

(let's make sure that's your photo host, bobby)