Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: How to reboot cloned/copied hard drive
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:03 pm 

Hi:

Please excluded the naive questions. I am going to use Acronis to make a vector by vector copy (deleted files, swap files, hibernation files, etc. and NOT just the accessible files) of an entire hard drive onto an external hard drive. Essentially, I will be making a clone of the entire existing hard drive. After I do this, will I need to buy a new computer to access (or reboot) the complete hard drive copy without alternating it? I have never done this before so do I need to buy a computer with the current Windows XP OS on the existing drive or will a new OS allow me to access the copied hard drive? I am looking for step by step instructions on how to copy/clone entire disk (including deleted files, freespace, etc.) and then how to examine the hard drive at a forensic level at a later date without the current computer being around (it ill be melted). I thank you in advance for your help.

Post subject: Re: How to reboot cloned/copied hard drive
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:23 am 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

blackbriar wrote:
how to examine the hard drive at a forensic level at a later date without the current computer being around (it ill be melted.

Ohhh my! What illegal activity are you about to undertake? Wait...no, stop, I don't want to know! :wink:

Everything you need to know is in the User Guide.

Post subject: Re: How to reboot cloned/copied hard drive
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:13 pm 

hi

i also have the problem in rebooting. can anybody help us?
When I try to boot my computer a message saying "CD-ROM Boot Prioritiy ..No Medium Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key" comes up. When I press a button the message just keeps repeating over and over. After loading up the boot menu, I saw that only the DVD drive and the flash memory card readers on my computer were being detected so I suspect that my hard drive has failed but I'm wondering if any of you have any possible solutions to the problem.
The computer was working fine with no problems up until this point. I had set the computer to sleep before I took off for school and when I came back I woke it up but the computer wasn't responding. I decided to reboot it but it kept giving me the message posted above. If you need detailed information about my computer or the situation, let me know and I'll try to answer to the best of my ability.