This was on a computer I built for my ham radio. I changed mobo and cpu.
After installing Win 7 initially, I installed the mobo drivers. Then I updated the initial Win 7 install.
Then installed the updates for the previous updates.
Checked again and installed the next big set of updates.
After that got done, I checked for, and then installed, another 5 updates. Those included SP1.
I called it a night at that point. I'm going out there again in a few to see if there are more updates to the previously installed updates that updated the already updated updates.
When I finally, if ever, get the updates installed, I'll install Slimdrivers to update the mobo drivers.
Then I'll reinstall my ham radio programs. (Yes, I'll check for updates to them too.)
Before someone sez to use something like Ninite:
I have used Ninite before and it worked just fine. If you have everything on one drive. Ninite wants to install everything to the C: drive.
I have two drives. A small SSD for the OS and another for other programs and data.
Excuse me, I have to go check for more updates. If I'm not back in a couple of hours, you'll know where I am.
OBTW, I'm downloading rt7lite as I type this. Should've done that in the first place.