Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: How do you not get spam-filtered?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:45 pm 

I've been a reader of the Maximum PC website for a while now and just a moment ago thought I'd register to add a comment to an article - except that regardless of what I type, everything produces this:

Your submission has triggered the spam filter and will not be accepted.

Well, I have tried all manner of cogent sentences and nothing will go through. Is it because I just signed up? Why did I even bother registering, then, if I can't post immediately? At the very least, some slightly more detailed information as to exactly why my posts are triggering the spam filter would be helpful. I don't see any sort of F.A.Q. or other information source regarding posting comments on the website. It's ridiculous.

Post subject: Re: How do you not get spam-filtered?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:33 pm 
Folding for Elena
Folding for Elena

apparently all you have to do is be an actual SPAMMER and you get rite through?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:14 pm 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

Location: back on the right side of the middle of the left side YES i'm folding
the new rule was supposed to be that all new posts were queued until a mod or administrator approved it, and enforced until the 3rd post. it was to stop the spambots, but seems to only stop legitimate posters, and let the spammers thru.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:13 pm 

Hey, just an update on this - seven weeks after I first made an account to post a reply to Maximum PC stories, all of my comments are still getting the message "Your submission has triggered the spam filter and will not be accepted." I have not been able to post a single comment. I am writing perfectly normal things, not linking to websites, etc. One of the posters above mentions that the first three posts on the Maximum PC site of a new user are supposed to be first reviewed by a moderator and then allowed through if they are deemed not to be spam, but my posts are obviously not being reviewed. As soon as I click the button, "Preview Post" (there is no button for simply submitting the post), I get sent to a new page with the aforementioned message. The fact that there are tons of comments to each story advertising Nike sneakers or whatever by obvious spammers makes this all the more galling. I hope that Maximum PC isn't paying Mollom (the company that operates the posting system, apparently) for this service, because they are completely wasting their money.