Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Having trouble with Windows 7 family pack activation
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:58 am 

I having trouble activation Windows 7 Home Premium Family Pack. I like to upgrade my computers a lot and now Microsoft is telling me I have to pay to activate Windows 7 for $50.00. I first low format my Hard Drive before I put in a new motherboard, memory and CPU. When this is done I install Windows 7 Home Premium Family Pack. However, how I have two license that will not activate due to Microsoft demanding $50.00 to activate my Windows 7. Windows 7 Home Premium Family Pack has 3 license.Microsoft can see that only one of the three license is activate. I never had this problem before. This is so wrong. I hope anybody with this problem will speak up.

Post subject: Re: Having trouble with Windows 7 family pack activation
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:11 pm 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

I also used the family pack.

First, note that these SKUs have not been sold (by MS) in quite a long time. They do still appear in online stores, though, and they are quite a good deal.

Having said that, I always have to call MS and talk to someone to complete my activation. I have activated one key on my desktop and a second on my partner's desktop. I have kept the third key aside for a laptop, but the two i've bought have had Win 7 preinstalled .. so the third key remains.

I've never had MS tell me to pay a fee, though, and $50 is not something I've ever seen in their fee structure. Are you talking to them directly? On the phone?