Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Cox Webmail!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:53 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

I have been a satisfied Cox High Speed Internet customer for over seven years, but am considering changing ISPs after attempting to log in to my email account and finding no email messages being displayed whatsoever. I have tried contacting technical support concerning this issue, but the technical service representative exited the damn chat session before telling me whether the webmail server was having issues or not. I have sent them an email describing the problem, but have yet to receive a response. I don't know whatever happened to their Network Status area that used to let you know about any "known" issues with their Internet service at any given time, but I am seriously disappointed in the way my issue is being handled. If they don't get the problem addressed or resolved, I may have to go with AT&T Yahoo! DSL as my ISP.

Post subject: Re: Cox Webmail!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:05 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

My advice? Chill. This just happened right? Take a breath and retry.

I've been with Time Warner for years now and they still think I have two modems. Any interruption with service and they boot me in two modem mode and I get shit for a few days. No phone, no internet...nothing. How do you call when you're phone is a modem they don't understand you have? In the last 2 years, we've told them firmly as can be that we have a phone-on-modem they are renting us and they forget each time.

I had a house fire this past year in the electrical box (again). Power's out, no phone, and at 4am. Life's rough for you?
Make these fuckers compete for service. I can't...but we can. They don't care because of de-reg. They'll throttle you all they want and do whatever they can to regulate you.Fiber won't even get in a 10 mile zone because they're fine having control. Netflix increased rates because they have to fight comcast caps.

Your ordeal, is small beans...welcome to the suck.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:49 pm 

I recently had some issues with pop settings in cox webmail and spent almost 2 hours on the phone with 2 different support technicians. Although we finally figured out the issue, it prompted me to start my own site about cox webmail. We are going to have some easy to follow, step by step instructions on setting up your email client with the various different desktop software apps such as Outlook and Outlook Express.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:55 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

Have you tried retrieving e-mail via a dedicated client like Thunderbird or Outlook? I hardly ever go to their webmail site, I've always went to dedicated e-mail client software to send and receive mail, and that to me is far better. Thunderbird is free, and so is Evolution, which is also just as good. Outlook, tho, well, it's usually in your high-end MS Office suites, but...either way, I'd look into that.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:14 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

I have tried it in the past, but have had a few issues with doing so in dedicated email clients, the main problem being that I tend to lose important emails that I keep around for future reference, especially if I fail to back them properly before the machine loses the hard drive. Yeah, I know I can keep a copy of the messages on the server, but I guess I am just getting too lazy to download them in an email client in the first place. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

Note: Last week, Cox Communications was having issues with customer's being unable to login to the webmail server and let anyone waiting in the support call queue know that Cox was aware of the issue and was working to resolve the issue in a timely manner, so I hung up and waited a few hours before attempting to log in to the webmail server again.