Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Increase MP4 volume, go from WS to FS?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:19 pm 

How would I go about increasing the volume on my MP4 files?

You may remember me from another thread. I have a Nintendo DS, and I'm looking to put video clips on it. My DVD ripper of choice is Nero Vision, and it does MP4 (what it calls Nero Digital) files. Only problem is, when I put the video on the DS, the sound is so low that even on full volume, it's still pretty quiet.

Ideally what I think I would like to do is de-multiplex the audio and video, open the audio in Audacity, and increase the volume; normalize it to a certain point where the highs (peaks) aren't distorted, but the lows come through just as well, can be heard at normal volumes. And then of course multiplex the modified audio back into the video stream.

That's my main goal. Step 2 might be a little harder.

I'm not sure the DS uses a standard 4:3 resolution, but it isn't widescreen. Is there any way to easily take a video clip and trim the aspect ratio? Of course, it wouldn't do to take the same off the left and right for the entire clip - you'd have to go scene for scene, in some cases frame by frame. Like maybe have it play in slo-mo, and you move a frame around, and it crops to that? It seems like it could be real easy to do, possibly taking a few tries to get it just right. (Of course, I could try to get my hands on the FS DVD, but I only buy WS 1st because I believe in preserving the director's vision, and 2nd because I have a widescreen TV.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:03 pm 
Smithfield*
Smithfield*

I think it is possible to crop an mpeg4 file without re-encoding, but apparently not with virtualdubMod, which is what I usually use, at least not with any built in tools.

I did find instructions for how to do it manually, however. It's about 2/3's of the way down the thread. Work on a copy, rather than the original, as you could mess it up and bork the file.

Are you sure there isn't an option on your player for how to resize, stretch, crop, or fit the video to screen on playback? pretty poor showing if there isn't.

As for your audio problem, it may somewhat depend on what format the audio file is in, but again, you can use virtualdubMod to strip out the audio stream, then use something like mp3gain to normalize the volume, and use virtualdubMod once again to put the modified audio file back in.

here's a guide for that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:30 pm 

Are you sure there isn't an option on your player for how to resize, stretch, crop, or fit the video to screen on playback? pretty poor showing if there isn't.

I'm sure. This is a Nintendo DS I'm talking about, which, unlike a PSP, isn't even designed for playing video clips. To do so, you have to buy a microSD adapter (such as the R4, what I use) and use homebrew. The firmware comes with the "OS", Moonshell, which plays the videos. You can skip around in the video, and pause it, and that's it. Moonshell lets you boost music sound using software, but with video it's all hardware, which isn't much. The homebrew scene for the NDS is impressive, but it's got a long way to go.

Thanks for the links, I'll check them out later (gotta get ready for work).[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:30 pm 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

If your feeling adventurous, then play with Mediacoder. Plenty of options for whatever. Just be really comfortable with codecs.

Post subject: Re: Increase MP4 volume, go from WS to FS?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:18 am 

you may refer to the following step by step guide on how to increase sound volume in MP4, AVI, WMV, MKV, MP3, FLAC and etc at http://www.idealshare.net/video-converter/video-audio-volume-booster.html

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:18 am 

iDealshare VideoGo, the ideal Audio Video Volume Booster, can easily increase sound volume level from the audio or video files on Mac or Windows. It helps to increase audio volume as well as keep the same audio or video format, or boost sound volume as well as convert to other video or audio formats:

Increase audio volume of all popular audio formats like increase MP3 volume, increase WAV volume, increase WMA volume, or increase sound volume in AC3, FLAC, M4A, VOC, QCP, AMR, AWB, OGG, CAF, AIFF, RA, AU, APE, and etc
Boost the sound volume from video files like increase MP4 volume, increase AVI volume, boost the sound volume from other video formats including WMV, MOV, MPG, FLV, 3GP, VOB, MKV, ASF, RMVB, AVCHD, MXF, DV, and etc
Extract audio from video and then convert to audio format as well as increase the audio volume
Increase audio volume as well as convert to other audio formats
Increase video volume as well as convert to other video formats
Remove audio from video files like MP4, AVI, WMV, MKV, VOB, FLV, MPG, 3GP, MOV and etc

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:37 am 

It's very easy.

I recommend you a guide which introduce how to increase volume of file at:http://www.bigasoft.com/articles/how-to-increase-audio-volume.html