Survey Suggest Huge Pent Up Demand for Windows 8 Tablets

24

Comments

+ Add a Comment
avatar

Granite

The only thing I don't like about the Readwrite Mobile article is that the author, Mark Hachman, doesn't provide a link to the poll questions and the results data. We have to trust his report on what that data is.

But, if we presume he is reporting accurate information, then the numbers certainly do sound good for Microsoft...especially with the sample size. It is quite large.

avatar

eastbayrae

I got tired of waiting for an OEM and just bought an iPad. Hell, most of the magazine subs I look at charge the same price AND have interactive apps vs. Windows and Android. So you pay the same for LESS content/features.

avatar

Neufeldt2002

Let's not forget that this study was commissioned by MS which never has a study released by Forrester (when MS is paying) showing MS in a bad light.

avatar

eastbayrae

The article author isn't written by someone that has much good to say about MS.

avatar

RUSENSITIVESWEETNESS

Someone tell Steve Ballmer to wipe his chin.

avatar

TomH123

edited

avatar

yegura

Windows 32% + Apple 26% = 58%. I take it that the rest of 42% are going for a Android tablet?

avatar

davelray

17% Don't use a tablet. 12% Android. 13% Other, which I guess includes Blackberry.

avatar

davelray

Actually the numbers don't surprise me at all. The IT engineers at work are already working with a few Surface Pro tablets, a few from Lenovo and from HP as well to see how well they integrate. Primary reason, they run MS Office. I'm sticking with my iPad for now but if I were asked the same question, I'd be with that 32% too.

avatar

froggz

Now I want a Bagel with cream cheese. But could you please rename it to iBagels so all my friends think I'm cool...thank you so much.

avatar

Ledoubleu

I'm glad you didn't say iCreamcheese because that would have sounded a wee bit disturbing!

avatar

SongEmu

If the Surface Pro was priced at, and replaced, the Surface RT, I would buy one. Simple as that.

avatar

riopato

I'm guessing you're one of those people who wishes unicorns are real?

avatar

TomH123

Since we're making moronic statments, if the Macbook Air were priced at, and replaced the iPad, a lot of people would buys those as well. Cause they're the same thing. Right?

You can't be that naïve.

avatar

Paper Jam

That's not a fair statement, either. On appearance, the Surface RT and Pro are nearly identical. Their UI's both feature Metro, and they both are tablets. A Macbook Air and iPad have completely different operating systems, the Macbook Air is a laptop, and the iPad is a tablet.

If anything, his statement was less moronic than your.

avatar

riopato

WTF are you reading maximumpc.com if you can't tell the difference between a Surface RT (arm based) and a Surface Pro (x86 based). Your reply is idiotic and you're part of the problem not the solution.

avatar

bluetorino1973

Microsoft claims its a laptop in some sort of tablet form. Its designed to replace laptops not tablets. They want you to think its a tablet but its missing certain tablet characteristics like battery life and free storage space and ease of use.

avatar

riopato

Actually Microsoft is introducing a new form factor to ultrabooks that has tablet features and windows 8 is the first iteration to this type of pc.
To even categorize this as a tablet is a misconception and should always be considered as a new iteration of a tablet pc which has been around for almost 20 years.

avatar

iheartpcs

So did they ask if they wanted the crappy Surface or did they ask if they wanted a portable tablet device with Windows on it?

There's a difference.

avatar

Neufeldt2002

Completely agree, when the tablet craze started I always said I would rather have a windows tablet that works with my network, printer, etc, but I never wanted windows 8. It is all in how the question is worded, and the responses you are allowed to choose from which is usually predetermined to give the results they are looking for.

avatar

DeltaFIVEengineer

I took a survey of 3 people and most of them wanted a bagel with cream cheese. Therefore, it stands to reason that 5 Billion people want bagels with cream cheese. Could you put this into print since it's obviously accurate? I included all of my facts in this post, so don't worry about verifying them.

avatar

riopato

I think your survey is way too accurate and overly scientific compared to this article.

avatar

wolfing

Awesome poll! By the way, my company "Bagels With Cream Cheese" paid for this survey. Where do you want me to send your check?

avatar

iheartpcs

+1000000

Log in to MaximumPC directly or log in using Facebook

Forgot your username or password?
Click here for help.

Login with Facebook
Log in using Facebook to share comments and articles easily with your Facebook feed.