How Often Do You Use Your Xbox 360 for Playing Games?

23

Comments

+ Add a Comment
avatar

Queenof1

for gaming. But I did recently discover that I can streaming old tv shows from my PC to the 360. I refuse to get PS3 until the price comes down as I have no need for BluRay. I even removed the Wii from the network because Nintendo is being really anal about the updates that do nothing other than strip away the Homebrew Channel.

avatar

mls067

netflix and an occasional game. I just am not that into console gaming. Don't know why, I don't have anything against it.

avatar

matmatician

I use my 360 to play non PC games (Fable 3, Halo Reach, etc...) pretty extensively, but Ive kind of grown fond of using it for Netflix as well. While I do have my high end PC hooked up to my 50" HDTV, the main advantage of my 360 (or my ps3, for that matter) is just how much quieter it is! Not that my PC is loud (I did build it with the intent of using it as an HTPC) but the 360 is like a whisper next to it.

avatar

bonfirebob

My 4th xbox has not red ringed yet but the dvd drive stopped working back in June so now I got 4 very expensive door stops

avatar

lunchbox73

Kids use it for gaming. I only use it for streaming videos from my PC. It's a nice multimedia player.

avatar

gothliciouz

i'm starting to doubt if this website should really keep the maximum pc name!

avatar

MR24ME

I use my console for gaming 98% of the time, and the other 2% is for streaming music and movies from my PC to watch on TV.  I'd much rather use my computer for everything else, and will be relocating my pc to my room (to integrate with my TV and stereo equipment) within the next few days.

 

I personally could do without the netflix and all the added "fluff".  There's no need or reason for me to need any of those extra bells and whistles.  Then again, I'm probably one of the few people that does not have a Xbox Live Gold account; I prefer to game alone.  If a game can't offer a compeling one player experience for me, I don't bother to buy it.

avatar

reutnes

My console gets some use but only because none of my (real-life) friends are PC gamers.  It also usually only gets used at other people's houses.. we do lan parties.  I figure now that Halo has released its last title I might convince them to try PC for the next big games.  The biggest issue is Cost, though.

avatar

Wildebeast

I prefer my computer, for everything else ---obviously (this isn't MaximumXbox360.com....).

All the shlock they've added to Live is diminishing my interest in it, and Microsoft's gaming products.  So has the idea of paying more, for the availabilty of the extra shlock. 

I've never considered it interesting --or a feature-- to have my home video game console trying to compete with some other technophile's cellular telephone.

At this point, I'm begining to wonder why I'd ever buy xbox3 [or xbox3981 ---whatever].

There are plenty of old elements to Live, I'd rather see them fix, or at least let me opt out of. 

I don't want/need them to add toaster and/or coffeemaker mode(s), instead.

avatar

punditguy

60% media, 40% games. Depends on the week, of course -- I played the hell out of Mass Effect 2 and Halo Reach around their launch times -- but that's the general ballpark.

Netflix and Windows Media Extender account for a good portion of my TV viewing. When they add Hulu, I imagine it'll go to 70% media and 30% games.

avatar

stradric

I pretty much only use my xbox for gaming.  It's in my basement, which is my man-cave so the wife only comes down when we play Rock Band.  If the 360 was hooked up to my main TV in the living room, we'd use it as a media player as well.  Most of the games on my wish list are for the 360.  The rest are for the PC (Crysis 2, Bulletstorm, Deus Ex, Diablo 3, Dragon Age 2).  At the moment, Halo:Reach, Fable 3 and Rock Band 3 are the games bouncing in and out of my 360 while Starcraft 2 sees occasional attention on the PC.

I use the WDTV Live as my main media player and I get Netflix on there through PlayOn.

avatar

machew100

I like how you refer to your wife as "the wife".  Makes you sound really happy with your marriage and/or wife.  Just refer to wives as an object from now on, the cool guy thing to do is to objectify wives as nagging women or baggage. Being unhappy with your wife is a pretty common cool guy thing too btw.

avatar

Queenof1

going thru a divorce, are we? I found nothing wrong with OP saying "the wife" except that he should have capitalized it as The Wife :)

avatar

mls067

lol..wow!

avatar

Hydian

My 360 is used for less than 10% gaming.  The other 90% is keeping the entertainment center from floating off.  I think that I might have powered it on a few months ago.  The Wii sees more usage (then again, so does the Dreamcast and even the 2600) but the vast majority of my gaming is done on the PC.

avatar

dracx619

strictly games. i used to use it for netflix and a few other things, but since i built my htpc, its just a gaming console now. i definitely have big plans for the future though. i can definitely see myself using it as a uverse box and media streamer when we move into our house.

avatar

dracx619

love the pic btw

avatar

ThunderBolt

I'm a PC.  That means no Apple, no Xbox, no Playstation.

avatar

Neufeldt2002

Kids use the PS3 mainly for gaming and movies, I use the PC for just about everything.

avatar

devastator_2000

I have a Nintendo Wii and for the most part I use it for gaming, but my wife an kids mostly use it for Netflix.

avatar

orca11

I never use my PS3 for games anymore.  It's strictly a DNLA media client with BluRay and NetFlix.

avatar

Razicus

I use my 360 for gaming 90% of the time (Halo), and the other 10 is for facebook, twitter, etc. (Facebook and Twitter I primarily check using my phone.)

My PS3 on the other hand, I use 50/50. I watch alot of blu-ray movies and listen to alot of music through it.

avatar

zepontiff

I've been debating selling mine. The PS3 netflix is now faster and better to navigate. My online gaming is satisfied using the ultimate platform for it-the PC.

Log in to MaximumPC directly or log in using Facebook

Forgot your username or password?
Click here for help.

Login with Facebook
Log in using Facebook to share comments and articles easily with your Facebook feed.