Creative Zii Egg Plaszma Runs on Android, Uses Flexible StemCell Architecture

9

Comments

+ Add a Comment
avatar

ThornDawg

after this amount of time has there been any updates for this device? does anyone know more about pricing? I'm definetly interested in this product, and am looking for a new media player.

avatar

techparadox

I like the look.  Heck, I'd buy one of those over the iPod Touch just to be able to hoist a hefty middle finger in the direction of Apple.  If they can meet that $199 price point, they've got a sale right here!

avatar

mesiah

I'm surprised companies still try to push the technology envelope on devices like this. I'm glad they do, but still surprised. Like all the media devices before it, its just going to get everrun by apple devices. Just like the zune, and the nomad, and all the countless devices like it. It won't matter that it is more powerful than ipod, has more features than ipod, and costs less than ipod. If it doesn't have the apple logo and connect to itunes the majority of people won't even concider it when they are in the market for a media player, because most people aparently aren't in the market for a media player, they are in the market for an ipod.

avatar

jrocknyc

while it's unlikley to outsell the iPod, if one in ten iPod Touch sales go instead to this device, that's a TON of money. You seem to think "Fail" means "Not Dominating the Market/Apple", which is wrong.

 

I was considering the HD Zune that's coming out (to replace my 8gb Zune), but I'm still not crazy about the Zune software (and despise iTunes). I'm not the only one who feels this way. This device could do pretty well.

avatar

mesiah

My technical definition of fail is when a company's total expenditures to sell a product (R&D, production, advertising) is greater than the return from sales and residuals. But my working definition is for a product to gain enough market share to be widely recognized by the general population. Most people can identify an ipod from across the room, but almost none of them could identify a zune from 5 feet away. To think that even one in ten sales will go to this device instead of ipod is a lofty goal considering sales performance of previous devices. It may seem like alot of people own devices like the zune when talking to people on tech sites, because we are tech savvy enough to not blindly purchase a device because its cool. As of april apple held 71% of the market share. the other 29% was split up between the rest of the competition with MS and creative coming in with 4% and 2% respectively . San disk actually holds a commanding lead over the third placed zune with 11%. So, right now less than 1 zune is sold for every 17 ipods sold and 35 ipods for every creative device, thats quite a gap to close even to hit your proposed number of 1 for 10. I would love to see the zune or any other feature packed media player achieve 15-20% market share and actually give apple a little competition, but in the near future I don't see it happening.

avatar

holmessh

By output I believe they are refering to the video you can take with the phone and then transfer to your computer.

avatar

themohawkadmin

Call me a noob, but would it really make any difference if it played 1080p, with such a relativly small screen?

avatar

guoruiwu1994

The point of HD output on low res screens is to be able to output HD content onto TVs.

avatar

guoruiwu1994

double post, please delete.

Log in to MaximumPC directly or log in using Facebook

Forgot your username or password?
Click here for help.

Login with Facebook
Log in using Facebook to share comments and articles easily with your Facebook feed.