New WoW: Mists of Pandaria Trailers Show Off Gorgeous Scenery

10

Comments

+ Add a Comment
avatar

MrHasselblad

Button mashing issues aside... I personally observed how WOW was made to work on both the PS3 and also the XBox360. The question should be, why was this never followed through to retail??

avatar

Coldrage

Why do people think Blizzard owes them something? If you don't like the game, fuck off because nobody cares about your unfounded opinion.

avatar

biggiebob12345

WoW is the most boring shit in the world. I don't care for games where you spend 95% of your time getting to places and the other 5% having to be OCD with inventory. Also why I stopped playing Fallout 3 and Farcry 2 after a few hours.

avatar

Penterax

I'm so thrilled that you expressed your opinion.

/end sarcasm

avatar

bling581

Haven't played WoW for at least a year? I've lost count and I don't miss it. I don't find this expansion appealing at all and it actually makes me lose any interest in WoW that I may have had left. I still love Warcraft but this seems out of place and rather ridiculous. I know what people will say. Yes there are giant cows and wolves and other things but maybe they're easier to stomach because of the way they look and the lore that supports them. I mean, the Tauren have been there since W3. Worgen made sense and was a pretty seamless addition. Giant pandas just don't cut it.

avatar

CharlieBoy808

Just in case you didn't know... http://classic.battle.net/war3/pandaren/ yeah the Pandaren race has been in the lore. They disappeared and now they are back.

avatar

bling581

That's odd seeing that I've played all the games since W1 and read just about every novel on Warcraft that exists with no mentions of giant pandas. So there was a blurb about one character in one of the expansions. That hardly qualifies them as part of the lore.

Yeah, I understand that when it comes to Warcraft Blizzard is god and they right the lore. Doesn't mean I have to like it or that it even makes sense. They ran out of stuff to right about so now they're throwing in ridiculousness for new content instead of expanding on something that already existed.

Oh yeah, the link you posted was something mentioning the upcoming addition of Pandarens. Doesn't really do anything to support your post.

avatar

Zxeses

The panda level in Warcraft 3 was classic, and the character made another appearance in the Wc3 Expansion. Back then it was a running joke, a funny little side story with a hidden level and a really funny ending screen with a big fat panda who says "I bring PANDEMONIUM" in a rich oriental voice.

The inside joke even made it into other games produced by Blizzard, just like how you can find a Zerg (from Starcraft) in Warcraft 3.

The panda became such an obsession among fanatics.. er fans.. that its introduction as a playable race in World of Warcraft was a predictable inevitability among the real hard core Blizzard gamers.

avatar

Penterax

Pandas existed in the RTS games, but were never mentioned in the World of Warcraft lore before. (There IS a difference in universes; Blizzard has said that since before the release of WoW.)

Many people, like me, aren't upset at Pandas being introduced as a playable race so much as what was done with them. Personally though, I'm not going to let it ruin my WoW day before I even give MoP a shot.

;)

avatar

Jacob3097

Pandas have been in the lore...

Log in to MaximumPC directly or log in using Facebook

Forgot your username or password?
Click here for help.

Login with Facebook
Log in using Facebook to share comments and articles easily with your Facebook feed.