10 Sweet GIMP Photo Editing Tricks to Wean You Off Photoshop

19

Comments

+ Add a Comment
avatar

steve81kat

Thank for posting this article. I was actually forced to use GIMP because my company could not afford to buy en extra Photoshop licence for me. I came across this article while looking for some tips on batch conversion

kids clothes

avatar

Bryan127

I differ with most people here; I found this post I couldn’t stop until , even though it wasn’t just what I had been searching for, was indeed a great read though. I will instantly take your feed to stay in touch of future updates

<a href="http://www.aimediacomms.com/">Stakeholder Engagement Software</a>

avatar

Bryan127

Please keep on posting such quality articles as this is a rare thing to find these days. I am always searching online for articles that can help me educate myself. Looking forward to another great blog. Good luck to the author!

<a href="http://adams.co.uk/">girls clothing</a>

avatar

samson77

The Mustangs first playoff appearance in three years will be remembered as one of the craziest because.Thanks for sharing the informative post. Regards. Roy - cool kids clothes

avatar

david77

The many layers of security built in to the operating system will be enough to render third-party anti-virus solutions useless.Thanks for sharing the informative post. Regards. david77- single memory foam mattress

avatar

GaryBry1060

I am trying to help the wife convert some pictures and photos to line drawing for kids in her Sunday School class so they can use them as coloring pages. Can some one walk me through this process?

Thanks for any help.

Gary

avatar

feona

I used both Photoshop and Gimp. Professionals can feel the difference between these two products. But for noobs there's almost no difference.

---------------------------------

Felicia

Here I write about photo retouching.

avatar

elina

 thanks for the guidance.

if someone wants to get more help may go to image editing service

http://www.digital-media-tech.com/index_services.html

 

 

avatar

DBsantos77

Also, don't forget that Gimp can render some pretty sick stuff that will take you longer to do in Photoshop. 

-Santos

avatar

powerman123

it only takes longer to do things in photoshop if you don't know your way around it

avatar

Bad Maxx

So what is it that you can do just as fast with Photoshop that you can do with Gimp? You have no idea what the poster was talking about yet you make a silly claim because you apparently think PS is superior or at least equal in every way. Well I have some news for you, I maybe a complete newb when it comes to both programs but I know what you are saying is just simply not true.

My sister-in-law teaches a course on Photoshop (PS), she also recommends people who cannot afford PS and her course to use GIMP. Along with this recommendation she, a Certified Photoshop instructor, also states Gimp has other advantages not found in PS, such as speed when doing some tasks, Plug-ins not yet available for Photoshop, (due to licensing issues) and some batch-work not available in PS. I personally am not learned enough in either application to tell you what any of them might be, but when Linda (sister-in-law) tells me something about either app I listen. I am humble enough to admit I know very little but until I can afford a real version of PS (I had a limited version that expired after 30 days) I keep my eyes and ears open to any and all suggestions, free advice, and tutorials. So far I have learned Photoshop is a superior product, but not by much and not in every aspect. Try a little respect it goes a long way and you will find people respect you in return.

avatar

1337Goose

Whatever you were paid for this article, it wasn't enough... 

Okay, well a lot of it was good... some stuff was a little esoteric... 

~Goose

avatar

lunchbox73

huh?

avatar

1337Goose

Okay, so about 80% of that article was gold, and the other 20% was completely out of left field. 

~Goose

Log in to MaximumPC directly or log in using Facebook

Forgot your username or password?
Click here for help.

Login with Facebook
Log in using Facebook to share comments and articles easily with your Facebook feed.